I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream! Stay tuned…we’ll be telling you how you can get free ice cream from your Helpful SoCal Honda Dealers throughout the summer.
It’s not a big shock that vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream in the U.S., and chocolate syrup is the world’s most popular topping. But did you know…
- 87% of Americans have ice cream in their freezer right now! Do you?
- How many pints of ice cream does the average person enjoy each year? A whopping 48 pints! Or approximately 45,000 calories. Time for that elliptical!
- How do you avoid brain freeze? Don’t let the ice cream touch the roof of your mouth!
- The Haagen-Dazs brand was created by two Americans –Reuben and Rose Mattus –and the name was made up to sound Danish and sophisticated! Who knew?
- Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors are full of chunky mix-ins, partly because co-founder Ben Cohen has no sense of scent. A lot of his pleasure in ice cream comes from its texture. So weird!
- Hawaiian Punch was originally created as an ice cream syrup topping, but it became more popular as a drink when people mixed it with water. Interesting…very interesting!
- According to NASA, ice cream is among the top three items most missed by astronauts on space missions. The others are pizza and fizzy drinks.
Okay, now that we’ve gotten all your taste buds hungry for some ice cream, here’s the scoop! The Guys in Blue will be stopping at various community activities, parks, sporting events, and concerts every week through Labor Day, to surprise unsuspecting residents with free ice cream.
Follow the SoCal Honda Dealers on Twitter (@HelpfulHonda) to find out where the Helpful Ice Cream Truck will be stopping this summer and to see how the Guys in Blue are lending a hand in the community.
Yeah, those Guys in Blue are real…and helpful!