By Radio.com Staff
The soundtrack for HBO’s new original series Vinyl has been revealed.
The series is set in 1970s New York, and revolves around music executive Richie Finestra, who is played by Bobby Cannavale. The official synopsis promises “a ride through the sex- and drug-addled music business at the dawn of punk, disco, and hip-hop.” The show is executive produced by Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger, and Terence Winter.
Vinyl: Music From the HBO Original Series – Volume 1 is a musical companion to the series’ premiere episode, will drop on Friday, February 12th in advance of the series premiere on Sunday, February 14th. A new digital EP will then be released every Friday with music featured in that week’s upcoming episode.
Artists who have contributed songs to the series include Charlie Wilson, Iggy Pop, Chris Cornell, Julian Casablancas, Charli XCX, Jesse J, Nate Ruess, Royal Blood, Jess Glynne, Trey Songz, The Arcs, and many more.
Volume one features David Johansen contributing new versions of the New York Dolls classics “Personality Crisis” and “Stranded in the Jungle,” as well as a “Rotten Apple” as song co-written by Mick Jagger adn his son James Jager, who is one of stars of the new series.
Check out the full list of songs that appear on volume one / in episode one below.
1. Ty Taylor – The World Is Yours
2. David Johansen – Personality Crisis
3. Kaleo – No Good
4. Sturgill Simpson – Sugar Daddy (Theme from Vinyl)
5. Ruth Brown – Mama He Treats Your Daughter Mean
6. Otis Redding – Mr. Pitiful
7. Dee Dee Warwick – Suspicious Minds
8. Mott the Hoople – All The Way From Memphis
9. David Johansen – Stranded In The Jungle
10. Chris Kenner – I Like It Like That
11. Ty Taylor – Cha Cha Twist
12. The Jimmy Castor Bunch – It’s Just Begun
13. Soda Machine – Want Ads
14. The Meters – Hand Clapping Song
15. Soda Machine – Slippin’ Into Darkness
16. Edgar Winter – Frankenstein
17. Nasty Bits – Rotten Apple
18. Foghat – I Just Want To Make Love To You