About two years ago Mike Catherwood, co-host of Loveline and voice of Rudy Cisneros on The Kevin & Bean Show, purchased a 1968 BSA 650 Lightning in fairly good condition. It looked fine and ran well. But he wanted a showroom quality motorcycle and decided to bring it Lossa Engineering in Signal Hill, Calif. for a mild restoration.
Jay at Lossa is a specialist in vintage cafe bikes and has appeared in several episodes of Cafe Racer on Speed/Velocity. Some months later a new bike was born.
After putting a few miles on the bike tooling around Venice Beach, Mike has decided it’s time for a dirt racer and is offering this English right hand shift beauty up for sale.
- Wrapped headers with Lossa mufflers
- Dunstall tail modified to fit BSA seat pan
- Black powder coated hoops and hubs and stainless spokes
- Gloss black paint with variegated gold leafing and red pin-striping
- Black leather upholstery
- Dunlop tires
- Lossa brand cafe bars
This beautiful BSA is available for purchase at $9500. If you’d like to take a look in person and swing your leg over it, please give Jay a call at Lossa Engineering between 9am-5pm PT. (562) 366-4740
More Lightning’s Garage
- Lug Nut Sockets that won’t Scratch Your Wheels
- Window Tint Should Not Be A Crime
- Watch Green Day’s Old Bookmobile Get Transformed into Rolling Museum
- Chevy to Reveal New Silverado 4500HD and 5500HD Trucks
- Amazing Irwindale Speedway Update