Hurricane Marie is currently pummeling the Mexican coast, creating massive waves along the California coast. The Wedge in Newport Beach reportedly has 30 ft. waves coming in, while Malibu also has been seeing some crazy action.
Last night before sundown, legendary big wave rider Laird Hamilton was caught on film shooting the pier (riding through the pilings underneath) on a huge wave after riding it for about 400 yards.
Watch the clip above and be amazed!
NOW ON KROQ.COM
- Local Business Spotlight: Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern
- Movie Beat with Ralph Garman: Sweet Virginia, Almost Friends, Roman J. Israel, Esq., Wonder, The Star & Justice League
- Job Opportunity: KROQ Assistant Program Director / Music Director
- The Killers’ “Run For Cover” Added to KROQ Playlist
- [KROQ THIS WEEK] Guys Night Out at Bicycle Hotel & Casino, Ski Dazzle, Six Flags Magic Mountain + MORE!