By Sasha Huff
Yessssss! It’s OC Fair time (July 11 – August 10) which means it’s also time for all of that delicious deep fried food that we all wait for every single year. Ok so maybe some of us eat fried food all year round, but that’s besides the point.
This year, the OC Fair is cooking up some new items that you DON’T want to miss!
Here are the Top 5 NEW food fair items we are excited to try.
1) Bacon Wrapped Jack Daniels – This is a churro concoction with a whiskey kick at the end. It’s non-alcoholic, which kind of makes us a little sad, but we get it. The kids should be able to enjoy them too! You can find this one at Bacon A-Fair.
2) Deep Fried Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Leg – As if a regular turkey leg wasn’t enough! We’re salivating thinking of a bacon wrapped leg that is then deep fried. Oh my. This is also being served up at Bacon A-Fair
3) Texas Donuts – This year, the famed donut stand will bring new flavors like Cherry Pop Rocks, Banana Chocolate Cream and Peanut Butter Cup. They’re also bringing the Latin flair with a brand new deep fried Gansito.
4) Deep Fried Doritos – Could these be similar to the Doritos Loaded we’ve been obsessing over? Perhaps, but we’ll have no idea until we get there! Chicken Charlie will be bringing this one to the fair this year.
5) Deep Fried Chicken Skin – This is not for the faint of heart. But let’s be real guys, the best part of deep fried chicken is that crispy skin anyway, so let’s just get straight to the point and forget the filler. This is also coming in hot from Chicken Charlie.
There are also some other foodie fun things happening this year, like the $2 Taste of Fair Food held every Friday from 12pm – 4pm, where you get a chance to sample small bites of items like funnel cake, tri-tip, lemonade, cinnamon rolls, corn dogs, and so much more.
Stay tuned for more food announcements, and head to ocfair.com to get tickets to the fair!
MORE OC FAIR
- Deep-Fried Pizza Log, Chicken in a Waffle On a Stick, Kool-Aid Hot Wings & More Coming to OC Fair
- Kevin & Bean Podcast 8/17/15: Rob Corddry, Kathy Griffin, and Sir Patrick Stewart
- Beer Mug Eats At The OC Fair
- Top 5 New Food Items To Try At The 2014 OC Fair
- KROQ Presents 311 And The Wheeland Brothers At The Pacific Amphitheatre
All photos courtesy OC Fair.