KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: Tickets are SOLD OUT. Thanks for supporting Para Los Niños and the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center! Enter to win tickets HERE.

Bean's Life Is A Living Hell Thanks To …. Frogs?

treefrog Bean's Life Is A Living Hell Thanks To .... Frogs?

I moved to Seattle, Washington in June of 1999. Yes, it’s hard to believe it has been nearly twelve years now; it’s the longest I have ever lived in one city in my whole life. I love it here. I have my Mariners, a moderate climate and no state income tax! Plus I’m only a short two-hour flight away from KROQ when I need to travel for work.

We live on an island in Puget Sound that is so small there’s not even a stoplight on it. Most of the year it is peaceful and quiet.
We’ve got a few acres up here and can’t even see another house from ours. So why is my life a living hell?

The Pacific Tree Frog. They arrive by the hundreds every March and stay for the whole spring and the first few weeks of summer. All night and most of the day they make frog noises. LOUD FROG NOISES. Is it a mating call? Or do they have instructions to keep at it until they drive me insane by making sure I can’t get a good night’s sleep, can’t hear the TV, can’t think?

After American Idol  last night (Go Casey Abrams!) my wife Donna followed me out onto the porch and WE took this video on my phone. Here’s your one minute look into life at my house.

P.S. If anyone has any advice as to how to get rid of these Hell spawns (humanely) please advise in the comments section.

Comments

1. Tony Alan Banks says:

I guess fried frog legs isn’t humane……

2. Duckman says:

Humane for the frogs? THEY’RE FROGS!! Shotguns for dem bastards! That’s as humane as I’d get!

3. Shaun H says:

This reminds me of the coqui frog problem that we have in Hawaii. In some places, the sound is almost deafening, and it only happens at night. Unfortunately, the way the state of Hawaii tried to deal with them is with citrus and chemicals, because every humane option they could use didn’t work. =/

4. michael says:

Bean, frog sex noise = no people noise. People noise…that annoying, teeth gnashingly horrible sound of humanness. Embrace the frog. This is why you moved away from L.A.

5. Janine says:

Maybe the frogs are trying to get rid of YOU Bean… take the hint.

6. PixieMegh says:

Bean, just invest in some earplugs and one of those sunlight alarm clocks that wake you up with light. It’s not that bad! OR move back to actual Seattle…

7. GreenDayGirl says:

Dude the frogs aren’t the problem. Bean’s wife wakes up to THAT face every morning!

8. Bean is a Dip says:

These frogs serve as karmic justice for all the “indiscretions” Bean has taken with animals and reptile lives for years. Bean made it hard for the little farm animals to remain innocent and these frogs have come back to haunt this “peaceful” Pacific Northwesterner.

9. Realview Joe says:

Maybe throat lozenges? Still better than listening to an Omar intro.

10. JAB says:

Directions
    1.Stir together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Toss frog legs in marinade to coat evenly, then set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
    2.Drain the frog legs well, reserving marinade. Season with salt and pepper, and toss with cornstarch to coat.
    3.Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the legs until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. While the legs are cooking, bring the marinade to a simmer in a small saucepan, and simmer for 3 minutes.
    4.To serve, pour sauce over the frog legs and sprinkle with sliced green onion.

11. Killer Pineapple says:

Have producer Dave schedule the frogs to ribbit all night. He will mess up and the frogs won’t show up.

12. Elliot says:

Bean’s wife sounds hot.

13. Sara Mullin says:

Hi Bean! My mom lives on Lopez Island and said they are insanely loud too!! Citric Acid or Sea Salt help, but sounds like you’d need ALOT.

14. Gary Busey #5 says:

Answer: lots and lots of snakes. and when that becomes a problem lots and lots of mongooses. and then just burn the island….

15. Mats says:

Frogs don’t like salt. Maybe you could spray saltwater all over the place.

16. Ashley says:

Bean! As I was sitting on my front porch last night on Fox Island, yes… one island down from you; I was listening to the frogs and wondering to myself why it is that I can’t hear them when I’m sleeping. Well, I have a fan on next to my bed all night for white noise. Please tell me you’ve tried something like that! And please don’t point out all of my grammatical errors. Thank you.

17. Thalia Tecun says:

Well I say you should hear music all night so you can rest better. When I went camping I couldn’t sleep at all cause the damm frog kept making whatever noise they made. Really bother me… I really went nuts screaming in the middle of the night (waking up the other people that were camping too) throwing little rock at the small river near by where all those frogs where at… One lasted a week in that living hell… Well good luck to you:)

18. Greg Mucino says:

Sounds like Bean knew I was out there … Hello Donna!

19. Ed says:

Cut down the trees?

1. William says:

Yes cut down the trees or move as many as you can. Next, start raising bats. Cause an oil spill in the water right after the frog’s lay their eggs. Play the Black Eyes Peas really realy loud that will mess up their mating calls. These combined efforts should cut the frog population 7 to 8 percent!!!

20. Gilmania says:

damn bean… you’re old!!! But your wife does sound hotttttt

21. A message from Uncommon Love:

It’s the end of days. Believe it or not you’ve been living strong through John the Baptist’s prophecy in Revelations. If you have any questions, you can rely on Christ to provide any answers you need if you haven’t received them already, please don’t forget the power of prayer and the strength he can provide for you now that he’s here on earth…..

Read our non profit’s full message about living during Revelations at Lyft.me or Lyft.us

And don’t forget to contact us with any questions you have or any problems you need fixed.

This message and our websites have been created by a prophetic man named Jon Pierson; as he has been able to be aided by Christ and God. He is currently still dealing with attacks from the devil that have created road block’s that are getting in the way of his path towards the life he would want to have and his plans to help other’s out. We look forward to meeting with you and hearing your testimony about what you’ve been through and your plans for the future.

Share this comment/website and earn money towards a donation to your favorite charity or Church[$1.00] just make sure the person contacts us with your email address or phone # in order to retrieve your gift. Our email is HelpMet@Live.com our office phone number is 310 Hyped U1 [497 3381] it’s about being high on life and not drugs or alcohol.]

This was brought to you by Uncommon Love [An organization that was founded by Jonathan]

Visit us at HelpMet.com

22. sally says:

I live in Baltimor3e, Maryland and yes they have invaded my yard and the whole neighborhood is going crazy with this loud noise cant sleep or even enjoy our own yard, Please someone help. the noise is so loud sounds like screaming animals in pain. when will it end. I want my yard back, i would love to sit on the deck or even fill up my pool im afraid to go out in the yard when will it end. sounds like thousands of those frogs. cant even see them.