KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: Tickets are SOLD OUT. Thanks for supporting Para Los Niños and the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center! Enter to win tickets HERE.

STOP IT, AMERICA!: The Willow Smith Edition

willowsmithscreencap STOP IT, AMERICA!: The Willow Smith Edition

Welcome to the first installment of Kevin & Bean‘s new feature, STOP IT, AMERICA!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” I’m not sure who said that first (probably Homer Simpson) but it was true when the world stood by while Hitler marched on Poland and it is true today.

Will Smith is possibly the most popular entertainer on Earth and I’m sure his little 9-year old daughter Willow Smith is a delightful kid. But we don’t need to pretend her stupid new song “Whip My Hair” is good, right?

Her father is talented. Her mother, actress Jada Pinkett Smith is talented. Her 12 year-old brother Jaden apparently killed it in The Pursuit Of Happiness and The Karate Kid so I guess he’s got acting skills too.

But why do we need to treat a nine year old like a real entertainer? No one likes this song (it’s not possible) but radio stations all over America are playing it like it’s good or something. I’m looking at you, Carson Daly!

The lyrics are:

“I whip my hair back and forth
I whip my hair back and forth (just whip it)
I whip my hair back and forth
I whip my hair back and forth (whip it real good)”

Oh, and Jay-Z just signed this artist to his record label. No one need this, right? It’s time to STOP IT, AMERICA!!! What say you?

Comments

1. David says:

This song is Eh-Stuuuupid!

2. Kara says:

ahh come on, just because its not the type of music that you play on KROQ doesnt mean it’s not kinda cute..i mean relax she’s 9 and the smile on the end made me smile so to me its all good..and i whip my hair when i dance sometimes ~.^

1. Bill says:

Its not about what genre the song is. The song is horrible. She has no talent. Its not like she wrote the lyrics or music. She was just handed this piece of crap because of her famous parents. Just like Hogan’s daughter and Hasselhoff’s kids.

1. Asura says:

Newsflash, most pop stars do not write their own songs. Pop music isn’t about writing your own songs. It’s about the image you project. Willow has confident attitude and that’s admirable in a way. This to others is better than being some depressing dipshit that writes his own music then commits suicide because the world is just too cruel.. Oh no.

3. Ann says:

AGREED! never even heard the song until yesterday and all i could stomach was about 4 seconds! beyond lame!!!! like a virus, it must be stopped.

4. Marcus says:

Bad in so many ways….

5. Ana V says:

OMG u guys suck! I can’t believe u played this stupid song and that Chacarron mess this AM! Now I have both of those songs in my head – instant remix. U suck!

6. engelbert shanchez says:

I choose to tune it out…. like most of KROQ’s played out music. A lot of an old “good” song can become just as bad as this one.
    PLAY BETTER MUSIC BEETCHES

7. KROQLOVER says:

IT LOOKS LIKE WILL SMITH WITH MAKE-UP ON. SHE LOOKS RIDICULOUS. THE SONG BLOWS. THATS A FAMILY OF BAD ACTORS AND BAD MUSICIANS.

8. AndrewBird says:

wow.. someone must have really been working hard night and day to come up with those lyrics hahahaha way lame!!

9. joshua challender says:

wtf is with lady gaga

10. Janna says:

No need for ore bad music if your 9 or 90 it’s still bad

11. Joe says:

wow… EPIC FAIL!

12. LISA says:

ITS ONLY BECAUSE HER PARENTS HAVE $$$$, AND LOTS OF IT. THIS GIRL IS TOO YOUNG AND THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE HER LOOK LIKE A SEXY BAD ASS. SHE’S A CHILD. IF SHE WANTS TO SING GO GET HER SINGING LESSONS AND HER MOTHER NEDDS SOME TOO. THEY NEED TO DONATE $$$ TO A CHARITY INSTEAD OF WASTING $$$ ON THIS LITTLE GIRL.NEXT YOU KNOW WE ARE GONING TO HAVE TO SEE HER ON THE VIDEO AWARDS PERFORMING THAT SONG. SUX

13. Ly says:

I see an epidemic of kids with neck injuries.. Good thing I’m a physical therapist.$ 😀

1. Starlet says:

Ly – cha CHING! I whip my hair back and aaaaaaaaaaah…. aaaaaaaaaah…. I can’t move my neck. Dr. Ly! Help! Your comment cracked me up.

14. Anthony says:

Will and Jada are raising some very conceided, cocky, and spoiled children. Jayden is an alright actor but people praise him for being so great because of being Will Smith’s son. Look at interviews with Jaden Smith and interviews with Jaden and WIll together. Kid is spoiled and cocky and Will is the only one who thinks it’s cute. Ahh….LOVE IS BLIND IN ALL CASES.

Now Willow is getting a bunch of attention b/c of the Jay-Z deal. PUKE!!!! it’s disguisting. Jay-Z is dope and so are the talents of Will and Jada, but these kids are spoiled little punks who don’t deserve any of this…I’m sorry, but it’s true. All HYPE, but people will buy it just like Drake’s untalented can’t decide if he wants to be Jay-Z or Lil’ Wayne more so he can make bank biting their styles. Whatever, the whole mainstream hip-hop community is only wearing itself out and another alt-rock movement is a brewing to combat this. The masses want substance and there will be a messiah for this movement in the near future. Or maybe not….the world of music has gotten very stupid.

15. Carlos says:

Why is this happening? Why!!!??

16. Seth L. says:

You can put an expensive cologne or perfume on it, but it still looks like garbage, smells like garbage, and is plain and simply garbage. YA HEARD ME? Looks like Jaden got the talent…

17. Rachel says:

It’s boggling my brain why I ACTUALLY sat through that video!!

1. Starlet says:

Rachel, I sat there with my mouth open and kept thinking – you can turn this off any time, you know. And yet, I stayed till the end. 3:48 I won’t ever get back. I’m sort of catatonic still…

18. Lisa says:

Give me DEATH instead!!!!!!!!!!

19. Christina says:

WOW!!! How embarrassing…what were they thinking? Why the hell is a 9 yr old even singing about partying and whipping anything?! Gimme friggen break!

20. eddy1988 says:

i wish i had a rich dad. then i would get a record deal and make crapy music like this. then little kids would buy my album and i would get even richer.

21. Dianne says:

Wow,.. your comment regarding the triumph of evil.. hitler on Poland vs. this song? A bit too dramatic. Don’t you think? The song, uh yes, by a 9 yr. old, is NOT THAT bad guys.

22. Claudia says:

..i think they made a muppet version of this song too…

23. Starlet says:

Why exactly is she whipping her hair back and forth?

24. lostsoul86 says:

wtf this is stupid! what is this 9 year old RHIANNA! ? wow society i guess SOME PARENTS JUST DONT UNDERSTAND (i couldn’t resist lol) that you shouldnt whore out your kids i mean look at her i saw her nails and just did the face palm

25. rachel. says:

i might be taking this to seriously, but it kind of depresses me. there are so many great artist out there that aren’t getting any radio play, and then you turn on the radio and get this.

26. SKOOBAH says:

How many other acts and talents are cooked up and presented down our throats due to connections and who their families are? You cant find any other careers to crap on cept a 9 year olds? Im sure child, Jay Z, and Mr Smith have no intention/desire to entertain the devoted K rock listener. Bieber will share his cake whether he likes it or not. Mmmmm stolen Bieber cake!

1. frankie says:

LMAO
      Mmmm… That does sound quite tasty.

27. alex g says:

I hate Jayden so much that I want to invent an aging machine so I can age him to 18 so I can punch his stupid girly looking face!

28. helmaz says:

wow.its like a kids bop of a rihanna/lady gaga/beyonce song.hahah sickk….chyeaa right.shes only nine esstooopid.ehh duuuumbbbbb

29. mas says:

Can someone hit the murder button please?

1. joshua challender says:

YES PLEASE DO

30. Bean is a Dip says:

KROQ is turning mean and surly in it’s old age. This is a cute little song and Will Smith had to turn his daughter into a pop star because he had already made his son into a movie star. What good is it being a millionaire, powerful Hollywood player, if you can’t carve a show biz niche for your own flesh & blood?

1. frankie says:

hmm… good point. still annoying though.

31. michelle says:

make it stop!!!!! really? all your commets sum it! up! So, I guess when I see a kid w/ neck brace on, it could mean one thing! nice going smith family!

32. joshua challender says:

F**K YOU WILLOW SMITH!!!!!!!!!!

33. michelle says:

for real? i have to agree w/ you all! stupid crazy…. so, when i see a kid with a neck brace on, you know who to blame! nice going smith family.

34. Libertarian says:

No radio station that plays Matisyahu and MGMT should be allowed to denigrate somebody else’s music.

35. KJ says:

Wow. I would expect this kind of enabling exploitation from BR Cyrus, but Will and Jada are talented people. Keep the kids in school and off the stage for a few years. WTFO?

36. Noi says:

Where is the murder button when u need it. I mean come on now. Stop it already.it’s official the new lindsey Lohn. You’ve been warned.

37. Noi says:

Why is it that really talented singer/song writers don’t get discovered and don’t get signed but this piece of crap does, Only because her family has money and connection. Ashamed. What happen to that family…. and boom goes the dynamite.

38. Eric says:

OMFG WTF……….STOP IT……..She suxs…..OMG STOP please……

39. Rachel says:

Truly awful.

40. frankie says:

My sister likes this song. (I always thought she was a little slow…)
    I agree with Bean and I’ve been telling America to stop it since I first heard the song a few weeks ago. She’s not even old enough to not look like a boy yet.

41. Billy(DragnKid)Rodriguez says:

The ” Sad But True ” hating her poor excuse for music so publicly,she’s getting free press !

42. Carly says:

I hope that song is a just a cruel joke. Its not that she is only 9 years old that makes it so bad, its that the song and video are HORRIBLE….someone needs to put a stop to it. Willow should go watch some cartoons

43. Mr. Ed says:

I woke up at 1:00 in the morning singing “i whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth.” I don’t even have hair. I’m a bald 48 year old white guy. EF YOU Will Smith for subjecting us to this crap!!!

44. Alice says:

(Plus, I do not understand this “hair whipping”… is it a euphemism or slang for something…?)