KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: Tickets are SOLD OUT. Thanks for supporting Para Los Niños and the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center! Enter to win tickets HERE.

KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember “All I Want”

newmusicpost newkroqmusic10 KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want
adaytoremember2010press385 KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve listened to [lastfm]A Day To Remember[/lastfm]’s last album, Homesick, a million times now (along with their other albums) and I’m ready for their new music. With the release of their next full-length album, What Separates Me From You, due out November 16th, new full tracks are inevitably going to be released soon. A small snippet of a track was released this morning, but a minute preview just doesn’t cut it for me.

“We actually just finished tracking it (WSMFY) the other day, and I completely lost my voice while doing it,” said singer Jeremy McKinnon.

For weeks we’ve been hassling our friends at Victory Records to let us get our hands on the band’s newest single, “All I Want,” and they pulled through in a big way. Check out the world premiere of “All I Want,” take a look at the album art for WSMFY, and scope out all the ADTR coverage from Epicenter Twenty-Ten.

You’re welcome.

“All I Want” is now available at the iTunes store here!

Song a little soft for some of you older ADTR fans? Have no fear, the band released a preview of another track “2nd Sucks” earlier today and it’s anything BUT soft. Check it out here.

Album Art

Get a copy of “What Separates Me From You,” available Nov. 16th

[lastfm]A Day To Remember[/lastfm] – Epicenter Twenty-Ten Interview

[pullquote quote=”That’s happened with every record, and we just kept touring and working at it and here we are today” credit=”Jeremy McKinnon – ADTR”]When asked about the band’s D.I.Y. startup, McKinnon said, “We just started from ground level and kind of built our way up. We went on really crappy tours where we played to 30 kids a night and it was always a slow, growing thing that just kept happening for us over the years. That’s happened with every record, and we just kept touring and working at it and here we are today.”

Bassist Josh Woodard had this advice for up and coming bands: “Just do what you do. Continue to write songs and play as many shows as you can. That’s what we did. We sucked when we started but you gotta just keep pushing. And if you want it bad enough, things happen to people who work hard.”

When asked if they got their band name from the movies titled A Day To Remember, McKinnon shuffled the mic over to drummer Alex Shelnutt. “I dont know why I’m answering this question because I wasn’t in the band, but… I know the story. Pretty much the Cliffnotes version is it was called something else. I don’t remember what it was called.” McKinnon chimed in and said “‘End Of An Era’…for one day.” Shelnutt added “Thats what the band was called. Then a guy joined the band, his girlfriend made up the band name and he sucked, so he got kicked out but the band name stayed.” McKinnon also added, “And when it comes to the movies, none of us have actually seen the movies. Maybe we should see them since we’re kind of represented by that now.”

adtr rubin 2 KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want

[pullquote quote=”We’ve always just kind of done what we wanted to do and kids just responded to it” credit=”Jeremy McKinnon – ADTR”]When asked to describe what kind of band they are, Shelnutt said,”We’re just fun.” McKinnon said, “We just kind of do what we want. We’re kind of like a mixture of four bands in one. We’ve always just kind of done what we wanted to do and kids just responded to it.” The mic made it’s way over to Woodard, who also added “That’s it. We just wrote music that we wanted to hear and wanted to be a part of and whatever it came out as is what we were and it’s kind of what we’ve just been doin’. Just whatever we want to do.”

The band came in the studio and performed “Have Faith In Me,” “Homesick,” and “Monument” acoustic a few months ago, check the videos out here.

Check out the photo gallery of ADTR at Epicenter below:

[photogallerylink id=66963]

Like getting exclusive new music? Become a fan of KROQ on Facebook and stay current with all of your favorite bands!

facebookkroq KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want

More from Rubin
Comments

1. ariel says:

THANK YOU KROQ!!!!
    Amazing song!
    ADTR LOVE!!!

2. Brooke says:

Wow,I love it,I wish i had some lyrics,My speakers are kinda fucked up,Great job guys! xD “ALL I WANT” FTWWW

1. mygoochisonfire says:

Im always screaming my lungs out
      till my head starts spinning
      playing my songs, is the way i cope with life
      wont keep my voice down
      the words i speak are the thoughts i think out loud
      i like to keep things honest

1. amber says:

Do you have any more figured out?

2. mygoochisonfire says:

I’m always screaming my lungs out
        till my head starts spinning
        playing my songs, is the way i cope with life
        wont keep my voice down
        the words i speak are the thoughts i think out loud
        I like to keep things honest
        on the same bet like your life’s staked on it for real*
        I hate to keep all you all around*
        constant like the seasons I will never be forgotten
        I see the words unspoken*
        he said hurry but it’s for the broken*
        will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own
        and then the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
        you know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low
        keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

so thats the bit not to prove*
        and does it keep things movin’
        well everyone around me says my last is a* ?
        and what the hell do they think they know
        my heads above the water while they drown in the undertow

I leave no words unspoken*
        he said hurry, but it’s for the broken*
        will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own
        with all the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
        All I want is a place to call my own
        with all the hearts of everyone who feel alone* (alone)

and if you take it from me
        then you might find yourself
        just when it’s all said and done
        you don’t need anyone else, come on!

So let’s get back to it
        everything seemed perfect
        not a worry in the world, tell me was it all worth it?
        I do what I want, so everyones always judging me
        not afraid anything I’ve got the whole world in front of me!

All I want is a place to call my own
        with all the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
        you know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low
        All I want is a place to call my own
        with all the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
        you know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

keep your heads down low, keep your head down, low
        keep your hopes up high and your heads down low!

3. mygoochisonfire says:

If you take it from me, live your life for yourself. Cause when it’s all said and done you don’t need anyone else.

3. Juan says:

“All i want” is pretty weak, but “2nd sucks” is legit from the preview they have up x)

1. Jono says:

The reason ADTR work so well is because they have a mixture of genres in every album, stop complaining and enjoy the music =]

4. Eufracio Misa says:

A day to remember is a day that everyone wins. Society does not have to live down the expectation that if someone wins, someone else must lose. Our parents did not teach us to hate, most of us just had a bad experience and the walls, the trust, the faith were severed. That hinders us. Positivity, hugging your mom, and trust in humanity will keep hope alive. Michael Jackson is right! We are the world!

5. Rhiannon says:

I love this! Nov 16th can’t come quick enough!!

1. Jim Cavanaugh says:

i’m going to be there live in milwaukee on that day!

6. darkspider163@yahoo.com says:

ADTR FOREVER!!

7. Samantha says:

This doesn’t really fit the music they usually play. they’re still amazing overall,all bands change. still amazing though 100%

8. Marie Zayas says:

STOKED that both songs I’ve heard sound different but in good wayyyssss!!! #STOKED!!!!

Waiting for more BANGOVER songs X]

“LET’S GO”!
    #NOV16

9. Anthony says:

A little too soft. Thank God “2nd sucks” is hard as f**k.

10. Brooke says:

Not weak at all,Pay attention to the lyrics “Heads up out the water while they drown in the undertowwww” legit sh*t my friends. No one tops adtr’s lyrics nor their sound. Their by far my favorite band. I f**king love you guys! Ive never related so closely to any other bands lyrics

11. rays8957 says:

so happy to see this band heading in a good direction!

12. Ian says:

december 3rd baby(:
    planetfest 10 at jax metro park.
    its about damn time they come to jacksonville.
    we can show all those metal heads how we f**king rock hardcore style!

so psyched for the new album(:

13. emily harrod! says:

amazing song, you guys are beyond amazing
    pleeeease somehow take your tour with underoath to toronto!
    we all know it’d be unrealllll 🙂

14. Jon Secor says:

Is this a rough? The sound quality isnt the greatest. Good song though. =]

15. Shane says:

good stuff, but where is the breakdown??????

16. lexy says:

o gosh i love it!! “2nd Sucks” is amazing to ❤

17. Brandon says:

thank you kroq i am a long time adtr fan and i love everything they do thank you for getting me f**kin pumped for yet another incredible album from an even more incredible band

18. REBECCA says:

HOLY F**K!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO PUMPED FOR THE ALBUM NOW!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. blake says:

does it say keep your hopes up and your head down low?

20. vincent says:

the preview for ‘2nd sucks’ made me orgasm 😀

21. shawn says:

loving the 2 new songs…new albums gonna b dope..can’t wait to see u guys live nxt month

22. jack says:

this is f**king awesome

23. CourtneyCrunk says:

I’m very excited for ADTR’s new cd. They are so inspiring (:

24. Kyle says:

This song is different from their earlier material..but all in all the song is sick..the lyrics make it better too.. “2nd sucks” sounds epic from the preview. i can’t wait for the new cd!

25. jeffrey says:

sick song cant wait fro the cd and meet you guys

26. Stephen says:

People don;t understand, they’re a band for more than one person. They’re poppy for one audience, heavy for others. It’s the smartest way to be in a band nowadays. By doing this, they attract so many different crowds that love genres like punk, pop-punk, hardcore, etc. ADTR is a band for all, not just one audience like most bands out there; and that’s why they’re where they are today.

1. Shylana says:

I love you. 😛 You have summed up what I could never explain to people who don’t like them.

27. Rafe says:

This new song is f**king garbage…. I’m sorry, I love ADTR but that new track is terrrrrible. and the “Heavy Song” from what I hear is ultra generic. Its just not doing anything for me like for those who have heart did. Jeremy’s vocals are way too overproduced now as well.

1. ariel says:

Rafe… You’re overproduced!

1. Shylana says:

I concur.

28. Maclovio Ponce says:

This song is…alright.

29. glamourkilla says:

i was backstage there in that interview but later that day looked so familiar hahah cant wait for the new album

30. King says:

I can understand all the lyrics except for the line after he says “i like to keep things honest” and the part after he says “Lets leave no words unspoken” anyone figure these out yet?

1. Josh says:

I think the pre-chorus is something like;
      Let’s leave no words unspoken
      And save regrets for the broken
      Will you even look back when you think of me?

Then again I’ve only listened a few times.
      What lyrics have you got?

31. SWEETSELLOUT says:

THIS IS CALLED, WE WILL DO ANYTHING TO HEAR OURSELVES ON THE PUBLIC RADIO.EVEN THOUGH STATISTICALLY IN THIS DAY IN AGE OF 2010 MOST PEOPLE 12-35 DON’T LISTEN TO THE RADIO MUCH ANYMORE. ITS ALL ABOUT THE IPOD, SATELLITE, AND INTERNET RADIO WHICH ALL HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS, UNCENSORED, AND IT DOESN’T HAVE TO PASS A “COOKIE CUTTER” GIMMICK TEST TO GET PLAYED. FEED EVERYONE YOUR BULLSH*T ABOUT HOW YOU’RE “ADVANCING” AND “MATURING” BUT IN ALL REALITY YOU SHOULD BE HONEST AND SAY AT THIS POINT WE WANNA MAKE MORE MONEY AND IF MAKING SH*TTY MUSIC DOES IT THEN WE WILL FOLLOW THROUGH AND MAKE IT. YOU ARE GIVING/GONNA GIVE BROKEN RECORD RESPONSES ABOUT THIS RECORD. YOU’RE SOO PREDICTABLE AND A BAND I THOUGHT WOULD NEVER DO THIS. I’D HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR THIS BAND IF THEY SAID, YEAH WE SOLD OUT OTHER THEN BULLSH*T AROUND THE BUSH AND MAKE AN EXCUSE. WHEN YOU GET THIS BIG THAT’S WHEN YOU SHOULD* BE ABLE TO MAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU’RE STILL SUCK THE DOLLAR BILLS DICK. GET LIKE NFG AND GET OVER THE RADIO ROCK HITS AND JUST MAKE MUSIC YOU HONESTLY LOVE AND WHAT REALLY REPRESENTS YOU.

1. caps says:

trying to prove something with caps? dont listen to the band then, pretty simple….. you know youll still buy the cd

2. xBryanx24x says:

Wow I totally agree… ^^^ read my mind.

3. John says:

So, sweetwellout, I take it you didn’t like the song?! hahaha

4. Mr. Highway says:

@ SWEETSELLOUT

who are you to say that these guys arent making music that they love and that represents them? you clearly dont know sh*t about this band. you have only heard one song off this record and you’re already going to say that they soldout just because YOU dont like it?!? LMAO. you’re an idiot.

1. caps says:

seriously haha he says it like he knows exactly what they love to play

5. Robert says:

its one song chill out. they have other songs on their first 3 albums that may be considered more pop rock but the other song 2nd Sucks is back to the more hardcore style. let the whole album be released before you start saying sell out

32. Soph says:

A Day To Remember are the most epic f**king band in exsistance and this song, IS THE SH*T. I fucking love it and haven’t stopped playing it since I heard it. Now to all those haters: You think they’re “just trying to make more money” well really? Do you know them? Have you asked them? Don’t be so judgmental. They make music based on how they feel and that’s made clear through their lyrics. Hope you all fall in a hole. I’d hate to see what your idea of “good music” is.

1. jermaine says:

Watered down bullsh*t

33. Shylana says:

F–k man, honestly. Greatest band. They went absolutely insane at Soundwave 2010. So looking forward to f–king shit up at No Sleep Til Brisbane with them. They’re lyrics sum everything up in 3 minutes per song. It’s amazing the shit they do. Just wish American crowds would go as crazy as us Aussies do! I’ve seen the American moshes on youtube. They would get so messed in Aus. 😛

1. jermaine says:

Of course people from the birthplace of hardcore music can’t mosh. If a woman can hang in a pit, then obviously that must be a bloodbath of a pit. Unless you’re a big ol hoss of a woman, which you probably are.

34. Urdinable says:

oh my god. It’s AMAZING!!! THX KROQ!

35. Kristine says:

Every song, every album these guys have made (that I’ve heard at least) hits right home with me. This album won’t be an exception.
    I can’t stop listening to this song and “2nd Sucks” sounds awesome as well.
    To all those who said ADTR are geniuses: I couldn’t agree more! A Day To Remember is a band I’ll always be able to listen to, no matter what mood I’m in :p

36. steff says:

love the new song, new, this album gonna rock just like homesick did

37. Surya says:

ADTR is AMAZING and I really like this kind of music !!!!! ADTR FOREVER

38. Chaz says:

How the HELL do these guys keep getting better? ‘2nd Sucks’ and this are like, completely different but both amazing in their own ways. Can’t wait fro Nov 16th.

39. ADTR Fan says:

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a long time. This is one song off an entire album, Homesick had Have Faith In Me on it yet that didn’t make it a “sell-out” record. Oh, and 80% percent of statistics are made up, 65% of people know that. 😛

40. Ratih.Darko says:

just had a quick listen and this is what i think some of the lyrics are.. the sentences with asterix at the end are the lyrics i couldn’t figure out but wrote what it sounds like. see what ya think, repost any corrections so hopefully we get the correct lyrics available for all to see. 🙂

I’m always screaming my lungs out
    till my head starts spinning
    playing my songs, is the way i cope with life
    wont keep my voice down
    the words i speak are the thoughts i think out loud
    I like to keep things honest
    on the same bet like your life’s staked on it for real*
    I hate to keep all you all around*
    constant like the seasons I will never be forgotten
    I see the words unspoken*
    he said hurry but it’s for the broken*
    will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own
    and then the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
    you know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low
    keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

so thats the bit not to prove*
    and does it keep things movin’
    well everyone around me says my last is a* ?
    and what the hell do they think they know
    my heads above the water while they drown in the undertow

I leave no words unspoken*
    he said hurry, but it’s for the broken*
    will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own
    with all the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
    All I want is a place to call my own
    with all the hearts of everyone who feel alone* (alone)

and if you take it from me
    then you might find yourself
    just when it’s all said and done
    you don’t need anyone else, come on!

So let’s get back to it
    everything seemed perfect
    not a worry in the world, tell me was it all worth it?
    I do what I want, so everyones always judging me
    not afraid anything I’ve got the whole world in front of me!

All I want is a place to call my own
    with all the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
    you know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low
    All I want is a place to call my own
    with all the hearts of everyone who feels alone* (alone)
    you know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

keep your heads down low, keep your head down, low
    keep your hopes up high and your heads down low!

41. Matt says:

Papa Roach could’ve written this song. Papa Roach sucks. The majority of the album better be like “2nd Sucks”. I love ADTR as much as all of you guys, but this is not the direction they need to be heading in. Way to mainstream. I must say though “2nd sucks” is a fantastic song! That’s the ADTR I love.

42. renato says:

and save regrets for the broken
    will you even look back when you think of me

keep your hopes up high and your head down low

so god has been there to prove
    and said to keeps things moving
    and everyone around me says my last days are moving away
    i wonder how do they think they know
    heads above the water while they drown in the undertow

i got the whole world in front of me

keep your head down low
    keep your head down low
    keep your head down low
    keep your hopes up high and your head down low

1. Brooke says:

This is what I thought the lyrics were.
      Pretty similar, I just made some adjustments hah.

i’m always screaming my lungs out
      till my head stops spinning
      playing my songs is the way i cope with life
      Won’t keep my voice down
      all the words i speak are the thoughts i think out loud

i like to keep things sorted
      on the same pace like your life stay torned for real
      i hate to keep you all on your own
      i got it like a season
      so i’ll never be forgotten

lets leave no words unspoken
      and save regrets for the broken
      will you even look back when you think of me

keep your hopes up high and your head down low

so god has been there to prove
      and said to keeps things moving
      and everyone around me says my last days are moving away
      but what the hell do they think know?
      heads above the water while they drown in the undertow

lets leave no words unspoken
      and save regrets for the broken
      will you even look back when you think of me

if you take it from me
      then you run for yourself
      cuz when you stress out of time
      you don’t need anyone else to lie

so lets get back to when
      everything seemed perfect
      not a worry in the world
      tell me was it all worth it

i do what i want
      so everyone is always judging me
      i’m not afraid of anything
      i got the whole world in front of me

keep your head down low
      keep your head down low
      keep your head down low
      keep your hopes up high and your head down low

45. renato says:

got a few errors on mine.. but it’s damn hard to understand some parts 🙂

46. have_faith_in_me_ says:

I love both songs. They’re amazing.
    I will honestly love adtr no matter the direction they go
    With their music.