Are you aware that we have a minor league baseball team in our own backyard and it only costs between $3-$11 to get in and even free this Saturday? And who would have thought that me, Stryker, would be asked to play in a real game?
I’m talking about the Orange County Flyers that play their home games at Cal State Fullerton. And what’s more, Mark Prior is now on the team. He was once one of the best pitchers in baseball but arm troubles set him back a bit. He’s now working his way back to the majors.
I bet you didn’t know that yours truly is suiting up for a game this Saturday. I signed a one-day contract and I’m leading off the second game of the double-header. I’m playing one inning in the field. Yup, a whole inning. I even have free tickets for anyone that wants to attend.
I saw Kevin from Kevin & Bean completely screw up his first pitch so I feel like I need to at least attempt to redeem us KROQ radio people.
- I need to take some swings in a batting cage. Any suggestions where?
- Should I swing at the first pitch? I’m thinking I should, but at the same time I wanna be up there for at least a minute before I’m out.
- Should I wear a “Cup?”
- Should I watch Major League, The Natural or Bull Durham?
- Do you know if The OC Flyers drug test their players? Is it too late to get some HGH?
- I get to pick a song to walk out to. What song should I choose?
Thanks for helping you guys. If you have any interest in coming out to the game this Saturday, all you have to do is tell the box office that you’re on “Stryker’s list” and you’re in. I’m gonna bring a bunch of KROQ gear to give away (not my cup). Try to get there before 7pm.
God I hope I don’t get nailed by a fastball in my head, back , nuts, arm, ankle or nose.