I really, really, really, enjoy making playlists. I think what I love about it is the process. The process of hunting for songs, discovering songs, turning someone else on to a song and then, experiencing these playlists as they become the soundtrack to a certain time in your life. These playlists can help you access emotions and memories in a way that your mind alone can’t.
Not too longer ago I posted my current “spring” playlist and asked you lovely people to do the same for me. You did.
A lot of the songs and artists that you posted inspired me to expand mine… so I did.
If music is a drug, then the following songs make me a crackhead.
Click more for Part 2 of my “spring” the playlist.
Here’s the first playlist I posted.
After I posted the above playlist, a few more songs made their way to me and are now embedded in my brain. Some old, some new, some fast, some slow. Some dance, some rock….A little bit of this and a little bit of that.
There are dirty gritty songs on here, songs you can run to, songs to get hot and bothered to, songs to just think to, songs to dance to, and songs that sound like they belong on Sons of Anarchy .
- BRMC – “Berlin“
- Mark Ronson (Ft. Daniel Merriweather) – “Stop Me Medley“
- Casiotone For the Painfully Alone – “Graceland“
- Vitalic – “Poison Lips“
- Heartless Bastards – “Searching For A Ghost“
- Arcade Fire – “Rebellion (Lies)” –
- Spoon – “I Got Nuffin“
- The National – “Fake Empire“
- Shivaree – “Goodnight Moon“
- Eels – “Line In the Dirt“
- Paolo Nutini – “High Hopes“
- Crystal Castles – “Empathy“
- BRMC – “Beat the Devil’s Tattoo“
- Think About Life – “Havin’ My Baby“
- The National – “Bitters and Absolut“
- Peter Bjorn and John – “It Don’t Move (PBJ Vs. Miike Snow re-mix)“
- Thee Oh Sees – “I Was Denied“
- Vitalic – “Chicken Lady“
Please listen to these songs and see which ones find you. Then, tell me about it.